On Nov. 9, 3 Term Wayne County Commissioner, Joe Daughtery released the following statement announcing his candidacy for Commissioner to represent Wayne County’s 6th District:
“Today, I am excited to announce my campaign to continue representing District 6 on the Wayne
County Board of Commissioners,” Daughtery said. “I have learned much over the past 11 years of serving the citizens of my district as I have worked with my fellow commissioners to improve the quality of life for Wayne County citizens.
During his time as a Wayne County Commissioner Daughtery has helped to accomplish the following:
- Renovations to open Libraries in Mt. Olive and Northern Wayne County
- Partnering with the City of Goldsboro to Build the Maxwell Center
- Construction of 2 New Middle Schools, 2 new Elementary Schools, and Several Major School
- Construction of Wayne Community College Automotive Building and Several Major
- Development of Policy to ensure all County employees’ compensation is kept competitive
to maintain quality county staffing.
- Development of Goldsboro Business Campus for Better Jobs
- Construction of 3 Industrial Shell Buildings in Park East
- Reorganization of Economic Development Funding
- Reorganization of Wayne County Jetport Commission which has brought over $12 million in
grants for improvements.
- Renovations to numerous County Facilities using IN-HOUSE employees for cost savings
- Construction of new DSS/Health Consolidated Building and New Jail to meet facility
- Completion of Redistricting as required every decade after the Census.
“Although it is helpful to review past accomplishments, I want to focus on the future and how I can
continue the path of improving Wayne County,” Daughtery said. “There are many needs and much work to do. We need to continue to improve our school facilities, bring more investment for better jobs and opportunities for our families, and continue to hold down taxes. Wayne County’s citizens want and deserve a proven leader, and I intend to do whatever it takes to fight, win, and deliver for our families.”