A BIG night for Goldsboro Rotary Club with seven non-profits benefitting from grant awards along with the traditional Passing of the Gavel ceremony.
Held in the fellowship hall of St. Paul United Methodist Church in downtown Goldsboro, the Goldsboro Rotary celebrated a year of returning to fellowship and service to Wayne County. Club President, Sherry Archibald passed the gavel to President Elect, Bethany Perry after sharing in successes and challenges for the year and awarding seven non-profits. In attendance were Rotary Club members and guests, non-profit award recipients and special guest, Rotary Club District 7720 District Governor, Octavius Murphy.
Archibald expressed thanks to club members Donna Phillips & Maegan Wilson for their leadership and dedication to serving the Interact Club at Goldsboro High School, reflecting on the obvious passion they display for youth. She reminded the guests of the work Rotarians had completed through food drives, action projects and scholarships, and she expressed the sorrow felt by all of the Club members with the loss of Rotarian Charlie Ivey. She continued by sharing that the Board had voted to name all future non-profit grants after Charlie Ivey for his dedication to serving so many non-profit organizations.
Rotarians Kyle Saylors and Maegan Wilson presented seven, $500.00 Charlie Ivey Non-Profit grants to the following:
- Laundry Love – Shirvon Holland, Laundry Love & Kyle Saylors & Maegan Wilson, Goldsboro Rotary Club
- Mt Olive Family Medicine Center – Claudia Magna (MOFM) Maegan Wilson & Kyle Saylors (GR) & Lori Hill (MOFM)
- Partnership for Children Wayne County – Valerie Wallace (PFC) Maegan Wilson & Kyle Saylors (GR)
- Passionate Beginnings Resource – Passion Smith (PB) Maegan Wilson & Kyle Saylors (GR)
- Renovating Lives – Lashaundon Perkins (RL) Maegan Wilson & Kyle Saylors (GR)
- Rones Chapel Area Community Center – Connie Wells (RCACC) Maegan Wilson & Kyle Saylors (GR)
- Wayne Opportunities Center-Amy Hartley (WO) Maegan Wilson & Kyle Saylors (GR)
Finally, Archibald expressed thanks to Perry for the commitment to serving the community and congratulated her as she passed the gavel.