Wayne Business and Industry Center’s Small Business Center has scheduled more than a dozen no-cost, online seminars for aspiring and progressing entrepreneurs over the next few months.
The seminars are:
- How To Start a Small Business the Right Way – 6:30-8:30 p.m., Jan. 11
- How To Increase Your Credit Score to Over 740 Points; Prepare for a Bank Business Loan – 7-9 p.m.., Jan. 20
- Am I Entrepreneurial Material? – 10 a.m.-Noon, Jan 25
- Discovering Your Unique Position * – 6-8 p.m., Feb. 1
- The Keys to a Winning Small Business Plan * – 6-8 p.m., Feb. 8
- Finding the Money for Your Small Business * – 6-8 p.m., Feb. 15
- Charting a Path to Success for Your Small Business * – 6-8 p.m., Feb. 22
- Choosing the Right Legal Structure ** – 6-8 p.m., Feb. 28
- Will My Business Idea Work ** – 6-8 p.m., March 1
- Small Business Marketing 101 ** – 6-8 p.m., March 8
- Finding Your Funding – 2-4 p.m., March 9
- Introduction to Business Operations and Logistics ** – 6-8 p.m., March 15
- Understanding the Numbers that Make Business Work ** – 6-8 p.m., March 22
- Developing a Strong Business Plan ** – 6-8 p.m., March 29
- 30 Nonprofit Fundraising Tips and Strategies from an Event Planning Pro – 1-3 p.m., April 26
- Business Tax Essentials – 2-4 p.m., May 2
- Think Like a Lender – 2-4 p.m., May 10
Participants can earn a Business Basics Certificate by taking all four of the seminars designated with a single asterisk.
The seminars tagged with double asterisks make up the Entrepreneurship Academy. Completion of all six will net a certificate of completion.
All of the seminars can also be taken individually.
The Boots 2 Business seminar is an entrepreneurial education and training program that provides an overview of business ownership specifically for active-duty military, military dependents, and veterans. The two-day workshops are scheduled for 9 a.m.-1 p.m. on Jan. 10-11, Feb. 7-8, March 7-8, April 4-5, and May 2-3.
There is no charge for any of these seminars.
Seminars will be held on either WebEx or Zoom. The link to each seminar will be emailed to the participant after the registration process is complete.
To get descriptions and sign up for these seminars, go to https://bit.ly/WCCSmallBizSeminars.
Participants also may call 919-739-6940 to register.
In addition to offering seminars, the Small Business Center provides access to resources and one-on-one counseling for exploring business ideas, starting a business, or expanding an existing business. For assistance with new business ventures, expansions, or an existing business, contact the center’s director, Kimberly Gamlin, at 919-739-6941 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Small Business Center is part of NC’s dynamic Small Business Center Network and a component of the Wayne Business and Industry Center (WBIC) at Wayne Community College. The WBIC offers “on time” and “on target” training, counseling, education, and technical services to business and industry in Wayne County. It involves all levels of business and professional organizations in the local community through four main avenues: the Small Business Center, the WORKS Initiative, Military Business Center, and Customized Training Program.