(GDN) — On December 9th, The Goldsboro Police Department responded to the 4200 block of Highway 70 East where a subject had been spotted inside a fenced area of a closed business. The subject had fled the scene by the time officers arrived. The investigation revealed the subject had cut three catalytic converters from three different vehicles on the property. The ensuing investigation identified the suspect as 38-year-old Robert L. Hunt of Mount Olive. Warrants were secured on Hunt for:
- 3 counts of Felony Larceny of Auto Parts
- 3 counts of Felony Possession of Stolen Goods
- 2 counts of Felony Injury to Personal Property to Obtain Non Ferrous Metals
- 1 count of Misdemeanor Injury to Personal Property to Obtain Non Ferrous Metals
- 1 count of First Degree Trespass
Hunt was arrested by the Duplin County Sheriff’s Office on Thursday. He was given a $12,000 unsecured bond.