(GDN) — It’s a busy weekend in Wayne County as communities officially kick off their holiday seasons. With three Christmas parades planned across the county on Saturday and one set for Sunday, there will be no problem finding holiday cheer in Wayne County.
- Mount Olive holds its Christmas Parade through the downtown area on Saturday at 10 AM. That follows the Town of Mount Olive’s Christmas Open House and Light Up Downtown events taking place this evening (Friday) from 6 – 7:30 PM.
- The Town of Fremont’s Christmas Parade steps off at 1 PM on Saturday.
- The Wayne County Chamber of Commerce presents its annual Christmas Parade through Downtown Goldsboro on Saturday at 4 PM. This year’s parade features nearly 200 entries.
- The Town of Pikeville’s Christmas Parade is being held on Sunday at 3 PM. Following the parade, Pikeville will hold its tree lighting event starting at 5:30 PM on Sunday with the Christmas tree officially being turned on at 6:30 PM.
- Also, Eureka’s Christmas Parade is being held next Sunday, December 12th at 3 PM.