The entire family can compete in this year’s Gingerbread House Contest, hosted by the Arts Council and sponsored by RE/MAX Complete, and a $50 prize will be awarded to one competitor in each of the following age groups:
- Ages 6-10 (adult supervision allowed)
- Ages 11-17
- Ages 18 and up
- Entries will be accepted Dec. 1-7, 2021. Judging will take place Dec. 8, 2021.
- All entries will be on display at the Arts Council from Dec.8-18, 2021.
- An entry does not have to be a house! It can be a barn, church, castle, local landmark, car, train or other type of structure.
- The walls of the structure must be made of gingerbread, and everything in the scene must be edible.
- The structure must be on a sturdy base, not made of gingerbread.
- Teams are welcome to enter the competition, and the team’s award category will be based on the age of the oldest member of the team.
- The cost to enter the competition is $20 per entry.
- The Arts Council will also offer a Professional Category for professional bakers and cake decorators; however, no prizes will be awarded in this category. This will give local professionals an opportunity to display their work and business information for promotional purposes. (A professional is defined as any person who is employed as a culinary professional, including chefs, bakers, pastry chefs or individuals who bake and/or decorate cakes for sale.) The cost for professionals is $20 per entry.
Call 919-736-3300 or email hannah@artsinwayne with questions.