WCC is not doing an in-person event for Veterans Day. But the college is still honoring those who served.
Everyone on campus is invited to stop by the Wayne Learning Center Atrium and leave a message on a banner that will be permanently displayed in the Military Resource Center, share their thoughts in a thank-you card for one of the more than four dozen employees who are veterans, and get a green (veteran or active duty military), yellow (family or loved one of someone who served or is serving), or red-white-and-blue ribbon (everyone who wishes to show their appreciation to our veterans) to wear this week.
The organizing committee embraced the theme of “Honoring All Who Served” and asked some college personnel to share their experiences and sentiments. Videos of those individuals will be posted on WCC social media throughout the day on Veterans Day. They are:
- 8:30 a.m. – Interim President Patty Pfeiffer, an Army veteran and wife of a veteran
- 10:30 a.m. – Graphic Artist Jax Ochs Adams, an Air Force spouse
- Noon – English Instructor Allyson Daly who is the granddaughter, daughter, and wife of veterans and mother of active duty military
- 3:30 p.m. – Academic Skills Center Coordinator Lucy Stutts and her husband, Success Coach John Stutts, who is an Air Force veteran
- 7:00 p.m. – Director of Financial Aid and Veteran Services Director Katrina Lee who is the daughter, sister, spouse, and mother of veterans