House Fire Near Fairgrounds

House Fire Near Fairgrounds

In the early morning hours of 3 AM Saturday, firefighters from Mar-Mac, Dudley, Thoroughfare and Arrington along with Wayne County EMS station 8 were dispatched to a possible working structure fire in the 100 block of Fulton Road just off 117 Bypass near the Fairgrounds.

When EMS and fire units arrived on the scene, flames could be seen in the front window and coming out of the rear of the single story brick structure. Both occupants living in the house managed to get out safely. A single attack line was used to knock down the blaze where firefighters gained entry into the rear of the home.

Fire officials on the scene believe the cause of the fire was an electrical in the kitchen area. Firefighters were on the scene for more than two hours making sure that all of the hotspots were out before returning to their station.