The 2021 Downtown Goldsboro Annual Dinner and Awards Ceremony is scheduled for this Friday, October 15 at The HUB in historic Downtown Goldsboro. The Downtown Goldsboro Development Corporation is excited to host this special event, which highlights achievements Downtown Goldsboro has made over the past year, and recognizes the individuals and groups that have helped turn vision into reality.
During the Annual Dinner the DGDC will honor thirty-one groups or individuals who have nominated for eleven award categories. The nominees of each category are as follows:
- Best Curb Appeal: Carolina Pine Country Store, Brisas Latin Cuisine and the Arts Council
- Best Promotional or Marketing Effort: Barre Haus, Cry Freedom Missions Shoppe and Up North Pizzeria
- Best New Business: 2nd Amendment on Main, Accucopy, Tufano’s Wine Bar and Up North Pizzeria
- Indicator of the Year (an optimistic economic indicator for future downtown growth): Goldsboro Brew Works Filling Station and The HUB
- Mary Johnstone Award of Merit for Historic Preservation: The Rustic Real Estate Team – 103 N. Center St. Now home to Brisas and eight apartments. The team includes Byron Geer, Jeremiah Montgomery, Kirk Jones and Terry Grant
- Best Design Improvement: 211 N. John St. (Blue Yonder Properties, Chris and Bethany Mohr), 103 N. Center St. (Rustic Real Estate LLC), and 320/322 N. John St. (Rick Sumner)
- DGDC Board Member of the Year: Doug McGrath, Grayson Hussey and Lauren Metzler
- Outstanding Investor: Rustic Real Estate for 103 N. Center St. and Patrick Reilly for the rehabilitation of 6 historic properties on the corners of W. Walnut St. and James St. and E. Walnut St. and John St.
- Most Valuable Supporter: Landscape Design and Wayne UNC Health Care
- Outstanding Business of the Year: Brisas at 103 N. Center St., Gypsy Bean Coffee Shop at 114 S. John St. and RYE Always Fresh at 108 E. Mulberry St.
- A Thank You Award will also be presented to one of five groups:
- Landscape Design for their efforts to clean up downtown
- NC Freedom Fest for hosting the inaugural event that brought 6,000-9,000 visitors to downtown Goldsboro
- New Old North for their award-winning publication of Eastbound and Downtown
- Wayne County Chamber of Commerce for the creation of the Wayne County Eats & Drinks Facebook Group
- Visit Goldsboro for the expansion of regional and statewide marketing efforts that often include Downtown Goldsboro.
The Annual Dinner and Awards Ceremony, sponsored by Bekins Moving Solutions is an annual, ticketed event. For further information about the Annual Dinner and Awards and how to purchase a ticket, please call the Downtown Goldsboro Development office at 735-4959.