The Wayne County Health Department will be offering free rapid COVID-19 testing starting Tuesday, October 5, 2021 from 9-11:30 a.m. and 1-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday at 210 Dixie Trail in Goldsboro. Testing will be first come, first served in a drive through setting. Individuals will enter the parking lot at 210 Dixie Trail in Goldsboro and will follow the signage for rapid testing. Results will be provided on-site after the testing is completed.
CDC guidelines recommend COVID-19 testing for:
- People who have symptoms of COVID-19
- Most people who have had close contact (within 6 feet for a total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone with confirmed COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated people should be tested 3-5 days following a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result.
- People who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 3 months and recovered do not need to get tested following an exposure as long as they do not develop new symptoms.
- Unvaccinated people who have taken part in activities that put them at higher risk for COVID-19 because they cannot physically distance as needed to avoid exposure, such as travel, attending large social or mass gatherings, or being in crowded or poorly-ventilated indoor settings.
CDC recommends that anyone with any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 get tested, regardless of vaccination status or prior infection.