The Goldsboro City Council is soliciting individuals who are interested in filling the vacant Councilmember seat for District 5, which occurred as a result of David Ham being appointed to serve as Mayor of the City of Goldsboro. The selected individual will serve for the remainder of the term, until the winner of the November 7, 2023 election is sworn in. In accordance with the City Charter and the laws of North Carolina, to be eligible to fill this vacancy, an individual must:
- Be a qualified voter in the City of Goldsboro.
- Be at least 21 years of age and not adjudged a felon not having had their rights restored.
- Currently live within the boundaries of District 5 and have done so for at least the past thirty (30) days.
Applications are available at the City Clerk’s office at City Hall, 200 N. Center Street, Goldsboro, NC, or online at goldsboronc.gov. Any potential applicant is encouraged to check the District 5 boundaries while at City Hall to make sure they reside within District 5 before submitting an application. Prospective applicants can also confirm their residency in one of the following ways:
- Visit https://www.goldsboronc.gov/mayor-of-goldsboro/meet-the-city-council/ and search for their address in the “Find My Councilmember” box at the top of the page or ask the Chatbot at the bottom right of the page.
- Text “What district am I in” to 919-580-4299 and provide the address when prompted.
- Call the Clerk’s Office at 919-580-4330.
Completed applications must be returned to the City Clerk’s office by 5:00 p.m. Friday, September 17, 2021. Applications not received by that date will not be considered (placing it in the mail by then does not constitute receipt by the City unless it is in the physical custody of the staff of the office of the City Clerk, located within the City Manager and Mayor’s office, 2nd floor, by 5:00 p.m. Friday, September 17, 2021).
Please visit the City’s webpage at www.goldsboronc.gov or contact the City Clerk’s Office at 919-580-4330 for more information.