Sunday, October 17, 2021
Apartment Fire Leaves Residents Without A Home (PHOTO GALLERY)

Apartment Fire Leaves Residents Without A Home (PHOTO GALLERY)

Late Thursday morning, firefighters from Mount Olive, Dudley, Calypso, Indian Springs, Smith Chapel, and Oak Wolfe were dispatched to a structure fire at an LCT Rental apartment building at the intersection of Main and James Street in Mount Olive.  The firefighters quickly checked the scene and ensured everyone had made it out of the apartments.  Officials at the scene say an unattended cooking fire was the source of the blaze.  The fire quickly made its way up to the ceiling, broke through the attic space and spread throughout the entire structure.  The fire burned through the roof over apartment #2.  Wayne County EMS personnel also responded to the scene as well as Mount Olive Police, who helped with traffic control.  The firefighters were at the scene for approximately three hours.

 

Share

Events