Pesto Parmesan Baked Tomatoes
Recipe from Michelle Estrada, Wayne County Family and Consumer Sciences Extension Agent
- 2 medium tomatoes, halved
- 4 teaspoons basil pesto, store bought or homemade
- 4 tbsp. shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a baking tray and top each with 1/2 teaspoon pesto and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Roast the tomatoes until the Parmesan cheese is slightly browned and melted, about 18-20 minutes.
- Servings per Recipe: 2
- Serving Size: 2 halves
- Calories 50
- Fat 4 g
- Sodium 134 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 1 g
- Protein 3 g
Michelle Estrada is an extension agent, specializing in food and nutrition for North Carolina Cooperative Extension in Wayne County.