Recipe from Extension Agent Michelle Estrada
- 1 cup chopped peaches, canned or fresh (about 1.5 to 2 medium fresh)
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion (1⁄2 medium onion)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Combine peaches, tomato, bell pepper, onion and cilantro in a large bowl. Add lime juice, salt and pepper and gently stir to mix.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Servings per Recipe: 16
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp.
- Calories 20
- Fat 0 g
- Saturated Fat 0 g
- Sodium 40 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 5 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 0 g
Michelle Estrada is an extension agent, specializing in food and nutrition for North Carolina Cooperative Extension in Wayne County.