Goldsboro firefighters had a busy day on Monday. The GFD first responded to a possible lighting strike on Mulberry Street near Downtown Goldsboro on Monday afternoon. The firefighters were then called to a gas leak over on Poplar Street. As the engine companies and battalion chief arrived, they found that one of the apartments had a natural gas leak and cleared the residents from that structure. The fire department notified the Goldsboro Housing Authority for a representative to respond to the scene.