Honey Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Recipe from Extension Agent Michelle Estrada
- 2 pounds of sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into 1-inch chunks, then place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, honey, lemon juice and cinnamon. Pour over sweet potatoes and toss to coat.
- Arrange sweet potatoes on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, then flip pieces over and roast for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until potatoes reach desired tenderness.
- Servings per Recipe: 8
- Calories 150
- Fat 4 g
- Saturated Fat 1 g
- Sodium 186 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 28 g
- Fiber 4 g
- Protein 2 g
To watch this recipe go to the following link or scan the QR code:
Michelle Estrada is an extension agent, specializing in food and nutrition for North Carolina Cooperative Extension in Wayne County.