NO CRUST BLUEBERRY PIE
Recipe from Extension Agent Michelle Estrada
- 2 cups plus 1/4 cup fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch round pie dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- To a large bowl, add 1 cup sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and whisk to combine; set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix melted butter, eggs and extracts.
- Pour mixtures together and combine; do not overmix.
- Add 2 cups blueberries and stir.
- Pour mixture out into pie dish, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup blueberries and 2 tablespoons of sugar over the top.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until edges are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow pie to cool before slicing and serving.
- Servings per Recipe: 8
- Calories 294
- Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Sodium 97 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 44.2 g
- Fiber 1.6 g
- Protein 4.5 g
Michelle Estrada is an extension agent, specializing in food and nutrition for North Carolina Cooperative Extension in Wayne County.