A wanted suspect is accused of leading Wayne County authorities on a high-speed chase. On Sunday, a Wayne County Sheriff’s deputy spotted 19-year-old Karl S. Ferrera of Mount Olive driving in a vehicle. Ferrera reportedly had ten outstanding orders for arrest, so the deputy attempted to pull the vehicle over. Ferrera would not stop and fled from the deputy at speeds of over 100 mph. Eventually, the vehicle came a stop and Ferrera was taken into custody without further incident. He faces charges of:
- Felony Flee to Elude Arrest
- Reckless Driving to Endanger
- Speeding – 100 mph in a 55 mph Zone
- Driving While License Revoked – Impaired Revocation
- Display Fictitious Registration Plate
Ferrera’s bond was set at $21,500 secure.