On Tuesday, March 2, the Wayne County Sheriff’s Office received a report on a missing juvenile female. The sheriff’s office also learned the missing juvenile might be with 21-year-old Clayton B. Schlomer of Pikeville. Deputies began searching for Schlomer and his vehicle. The juvenile was eventually found at a safe location. The investigation led to the arrest of Schlomer. The investigation also revealed the suspect had allegedly entered the victim’s home on the night of February 27th and committed sexual acts upon the victim. Schlomer’s bond was set at $2 million.
The February 27th charges against Schlomer are:
- 1 count First Degree Burglary
- 1 count Statutory Sex Offense with a child 15 or younger
- 1 count Statutory Rape of child 15 or younger
The March 2nd charges against Schlomer are:
- 3 counts Statutory Rape of child 15 or younger
- 1 count 1st Degree Kidnapping
- 1 count of Solicitation of a child for sex acts by use of an electronic device and/or computer
The Wayne County Sheriff’s Office says the investigation is still ongoing and further details cannot be released at this time.