2020 was not an easy year, and yet, the United Way of Wayne County finds plenty of reasons to celebrate.
The local United Way hosted its annual meeting online Tuesday morning, looking back on the past year for the organization.
Sherry Archibald, the Executive Director of the United Way of Wayne County, went through some of their accomplishments in the midst of the pandemic.
Those accomplishments include:
- Coordinating Park & Learn locations with Wayne County Public Schools
- Coordinating multiple meal and snack deliveries to the heroes at Wayne UNC Health Care
- Coordinating thousands of meals to students in need in partnership with the Goldsboro Family YMCA
Campaign Chair Bethany Perry talked about the success of the past year’s effort despite the challenges.
The 2020 Community Campaign still reached 94% of its fundraising goal last year.
Dr. Bryan Tayloe from Goldsboro Pediatrics shared the latest developments on the United Way’s partnership with W.A.G.E.S to open a Family Learning Center in Dudley.
The Steven and Susan Parr Family Learning Center in Dudley will open soon featuring learning space for kids aged birth-to-3.
Wayne County Manager Craig Honeycutt talked about the partnership between the county health department and the United Way during the pandemic.
Curamericas Global invited the United Way to help hire community health workers to support efforts for COVID-19 testing, contact tracing and vaccine registrations.
Below is a complete list of the United Way of Wayne County’s 2020 award recipients:
- United Way of Wayne County Emil Rosenthal- “2020 Volunteer of The Year”- Brian Taylor (Seymour Funeral Home and Cremation Service, Inc)
- United Way of Wayne County- 2020 Campaign Chairman’s Award- Peyton Overbee (Wayne Community College)
- United Way of Wayne County Spirit of Wayne-2020-Investors- Housing Authority of the City of Goldsboro
- United Way of Wayne County Spirit of Wayne – 2020-Changed Lives- Seymour Funeral Home and Cremation Service, Inc.
- United Way of Wayne County Spirit of Wayne -2020- Fair Share- SPX Transformer Solutions, Inc.
- United Way of Wayne County Spirit of Wayne – 2020-Per Capita- Wayne Realty & Insurance Co
- United Way of Wayne County Spirit of Wayne – 2020-Extra Mile-Special Events- Sentry Insurance Co
Honorees/Thanks for your Service:
- United Way of Wayne County- Out-going Board member- Board Treasurer 2011-2020- Brian Taylor
- United Way of Wayne County- Out-going Board member-2017-2020- Dr. Thomas Walker
You can learn more about the United Way of Wayne County online at UnitedWayne.org.
Click here to view the complete 2020 United Way of Wayne County Annual Meeting.