Goldsboro-Wayne Crime Stoppers 1st annual Caper Chase Road Run is being planned for March.
Jennifer Strickland is a Crime Stoppers Board Member and the chair for the upcoming event, which features virtual and in-person options.
For virtual participants, Strickland says you can sign up online and you’ll receive your race bib and t-shirt in the mail.
Where ever they run the race, those virtual runners can also post their pictures to the Goldsboro-Wayne Crime Stoppers Facebook page.
Strickland says the Caper Chase came about after the non-profit Crime Stoppers had to cancel two of its annual fundraisers last year due to the pandemic.
Here are some Goldsboro-Wayne Crime Stoppers statistics for the year ending in 2020:
- The tip line received 323 calls/texts and 82 tips at P3tips.com
- 133 tips were allocated to local law enforcement agencies to investigate.
- There were 52 felony warrants served and 11 misdemeanor warrants served.
- The tips provided assisted in solving drug crimes, shootings, warrants being served, homicides, breaking & entering’s, assault, sex offenses, robbery/theft, and others.
- The amount of reward paid out for each individual tip is protected by general statue. However, pay outs start at $100 and go as high as $1,000 depending on the tip and the crime.
The Crime Stoppers Caper Chase Road Run is being held March 20th.
Registration can be completed at RunTheEast.com.