Life is back to normal following a morning gas leak at Wayne Community College. According to WCC, a landscaping contractor hit an unmarked line Tuesday morning. The workers thought they smelled gas, so the college moved people from the area and notified Piedmont Natural Gas and 911. WCC began evacuating the campus with two alerts going out after 8 AM. The fire department took control of the scene, and Piedmont Natural Gas shut off the gas to the campus, confirmed the leak and patched the line. The “All Clear” message went out just after 9 AM and everyone could return to their buildings. WCC is back to operating on a regular schedule.