There are openings for students in some short-term health professional training courses about to begin at Wayne Community College.
These courses run one semester – August through December – and equip students for entry-level positions in fields that are constantly seeking employees. They lead to credentials or prepare students to take certification exams.
The available courses are:
- Medical Coding and Billing – An online program that covers fundamentals of medical coding, billing, and insurance processing for health care agencies
- Health Unit Coordinator – An online program to train students how to work in the medical field as a Unit Coordinator
- EKG – A traditional course that teaches how to conduct and interpret EKG testing
Some courses are for those who already attained Nurse Aide I or Nurse Aide II certification. They include:
- Medication Aide – A traditional course for current nurse aides that teaches how to prepare and administer medications for patients in a skilled facility
- Nurse Aide 1 Refresher and Nurse Aide 2 Competency – Short courses for individuals who hold nurse aide 1 certification who have not renewed for two years and need to obtain certification again
For more details on these and other WCC Workforce Continuing Education courses and the fall schedule, go to www.waynecc.edu/continuing-ed/.