One of the UMO students involved in a car crash that left four others dead has now been charged for the deadly wreck.
According to the State Highway Patrol, 19-year-old Tiffany Lee of Gambrills, MD, turned herself in Wednesday afternoon. Lee was placed into the Wayne County Detention Center under a $100,000 bond. She is charged with:
- Four counts of Involuntary Manslaughter
- Two counts of Felony Assault with Serious Injury
- Failure to Stop at a Duly Erected Stop Sign
- Driving After Consuming Under 21
- Overloaded Vehicle (Passengers).
On March 13th, Lee was one of seven University of Mount Olive students inside a vehicle that was struck by a tractor-trailer at the intersection of Highway 55 and Indian Springs Road. Four fellow students, Madison Mergl of Sayville, NY; Ann Wray of Oakland, NJ; Jett Swetland from Sparta, OH; and Chaney Partrich of Chapin, SC, perished due to the crash.