Wayne Community College will hold virtual information sessions for five of its Workforce Continuing Education program areas.
The “WCE Wednesdays” sessions will give potential students the opportunity to learn about short-term courses and training options.
The schedule is:
- July 1 – Adult High School (competency-based courses)/High School Equivalency (preparation for the HiSET or GED assessments)
- July 8 – Allied Health (activity director, direct care worker, ECG/EKG monitor technician, health unit coordinator, medical billing/coding, medication aide, nurse aide I and II, pharmacy technician, phlebotomy technician, ServSafe certification, and Spanish medical interpreter)
- July 15 – Public Safety (emergency medical services, fire service, law enforcement, and detention officer training)
- July 22 – Income Maintenance (training for a department of social services entry-level position, including introduction to the NCFast computing system)
- July 29 – Cosmetology (hair, nail, and skin beauty treatments).
All sessions will be held in Google Meet and will begin at 5:15 p.m.
Participants can reserve a space and get log-in credentials by emailing [email protected] or calling 919-739-6900.
More information about WCC Workforce Continuing Education offerings can be found at www.waynecc.edu/continuing-ed/.