Wayne Community College will provide online courses this summer to help those out of work get back on their feet.
The college’s Human Resources Development (HRD) courses teach employability skills and provide career development. These short-term classes address participants’ current needs and equip them with knowledge, values, and practical skills essential to apply for and keep jobs and advance in their careers.
The courses and their schedules are:
- Interviews and Resumes: Keys to Perfection – May 25-June 26
- HRD/National Career Readiness Certification (NCRC) Success Lab – June 1-Aug. 14
- More Money, Fewer Worries – June 1-Aug. 31
- Thrive: Workplace Skills for the Next Level – June 1-Aug. 14
- Working Smart – June 1-Aug. 31
Participants may qualify for a tuition waiver if they are unemployed, received notification of a pending layoff, working and eligible for Federal Earned Income Tax (FEIT) credit, or working and earning wages at or below 200 percent of federal poverty guidelines.
Course descriptions and registration instructions can be found at www.waynecc.edu/continuing-ed/. Also located there is the Course Schedule that provides information on all of the Workforce Continuing Education classes that will be offered this summer. For more information on HRD courses, call 919-739-6900.