North Carolina Emergency Management is urging residents to watch and prepare for the remnants of Tropical Storm Elsa. Small changes in the storm’s track can lead to big changes in the effects from the storm. North Carolina residents should be sure they:
- Have multiple ways to receive weather information from reliable sources.
- Review your personal emergency plan and know your evacuation routes.
- Check your emergency supply kit, which should contain food, water, prescription medicines, charging cords, batteries and other essentials to support your family for several days.
- Be sure to plan for elderly relatives and pets.
- Make sure your insurance is up-to-date.
For more information on how to ensure your family is disaster ready, go to ReadyNC.org, which features traffic, power outage and shelter information.