Corn and Black Bean Salsa
Recipe from Extension Agent Michelle Estrada
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can unsalted black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 ½ cups of fresh corn cooked
- 1 – 2 fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Wash produce.
- Chop tomatoes, slice corn off the cob, and chop cilantro.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium-size bowl.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with chips or as vegetarian side dish.
- Servings per Recipe: 24
- Serving Size: ¼ cup
- Calories 35
- Fat 0 g
- Saturated Fat 0 g
- Sodium 190 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 8 g
- Fiber 1 g
- Protein 1 g