Saturday afternoon, Goldsboro firefighters were dispatched to the 500 block of N. William Street and Beech Street to investigate a possible gas leak in the area. Fire engines blocked off that intersection while trying to find the source of the leak. Firefighters found the source of the leak was coming from an underground gas line at the intersection. They immediately contacted the gas company. Firefighters remained on the scene using their meters to keep a constant check of the air quality while waiting for the gas company technician to arrive on the scene.