North Carolina will move in to “Phase 3” of its reopening this Friday. Gov. Roy Cooper made the announcement during a Wednesday press conference.
Under Phase 3:
- Large outdoor venues (10,000+) will be allowed to open at 7% capacity
- Smaller outdoor venues may operate OUTDOORS at 30% or with 100 guests, whichever is less
- Movie theaters and conference centers may open indoor spaces to 30% capacity or 100 seated guests, whichever is less
- Bars may operate OUTDOORS ONLY at 30% or with 100 guests, whichever is less
- Outdoor amusement parks may open at 30% occupancy
- Limits on mass gatherings remain at 25 people indoors and 50 people outdoors
- The 11 PM curfew on alcohol sales for in-person consumption continues
- The at-risk population is still considered to be “safer at home”
- Face coverings are mandatory when in public for everyone over the age of 5
“Phase 3” goes into effect at 5 PM on Friday, October 2, and runs through October 23.