The world is full of negative news and United Way of Wayne County would like to highlight the good that happens when our community pulls together. This is by no means a comprehensive list of all the good happening in Wayne County, but United Way hopes it serves to remind us that there is always good. The goal is to make it easier for us to see the good. To continue this effort, United Way of Wayne County asks that organizations continue to share what they are doing by emailing [email protected] or calling 919-735-3591. See below for today’s good deed report.
- May 31 One Church distributed cards of encouragement to Food Lion shoppers.
- June 8 The Farm to Family Food Program distributed fresh produce to 3,123 individuals or families. Produce distribution will continue every Monday at 10am outside of the Maxwell Center.
- June 8 Gypsy Bean Café hosted Partnership for Children during their Mission Monday event.
- June 9 Trinity Missionary Baptist Church held a nonperishable food distribution.
- Goldsboro Fire Department shared 5-year-old Madelyn Hinnant’s book about firefighters and is encouraging others to read or submit their work to be read.
- Butterball donated several cases of turkey burgers to the Wayne Uplift Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Shelter.
- George Franklin donated funds for Wayne Uplift Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Program to purchase masks and hand sanitizer for staff and shelter residents, in memory of his daughter Ashely Ward.
- The Goldsboro Family YMCA, in partnership with Wayne County Public Schools, has delivered over 18,000 meals to students.
Opportunities to Do a Good Deed:
- Donors can text “helpaneighbor” to 44-321 to contribute to United Way of Wayne County’s Disaster Relief Fund.
- Day of Action is coming soon! Visit United Way’s Facebook page for more information on volunteer opportunities.
Community Partner Updates:
- 2-1-1 is a reliable resource to connect residents to social services. It is also the number to call for assistance and resources related to the COVID-19 coronavirus. NC residents can text COVIDNC to 898211 to receive general information and updates about COVID-19.
- June 18th is Community Supporting Schools Have a Heart for Kids online auction.