Lenoir County residents are being reminded to lock their vehicles. According to the Lenoir County Sheriff’s Office, someone entered several unsecured vehicles in the Falling Creek/North Lenoir area over the Memorial Day Weekend. Only unlocked vehicles were entered, and no windows were broken during the crimes. The sheriff’s office says it is investigating the break-ins.
The Lenoir County Sheriff’s Office offers these tips to keep your property secure:
- Lock your vehicles at home
- Lock your storage buildings
- Remove valuables from vehicles each night
- Remove firearms from vehicles each night
- Leave lighting on around your home
- Report suspicious activity or persons
The Kinston Police Department also says several vehicles were burglarized in the Kinston area over the weekend.